What the Holy Spirit Taught Me This Morning
By Pastor Amos Dada PhD;P.Eng
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction. Prov 1:7
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Prov 4:7
The wisdom that brings blessing is the wisdom God referred to as “But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy” Jas 3:17
Getting wisdom is not cheap, but getting wisdom is profitable. That is why the bible says “with all thy getting get wisdom, get understanding “
Knowledge is powerful. Knowledge is needed. Knowledge is the raw material for wisdom. Rightly applied knowledge is called wisdom. May the Lord give you wisdom in Jesus name.
What the Holy Spirit is saying today is that you need to seek for wisdom. It will surely change the trajectory of your life. Fools despise wisdom!
Let me share with you 10 blessings of wisdom as an impetus and motivation to seek wisdom for the rest of your life .
1. Length of days: Honour your father and your mother that your days may be long.Ex 20:12, Eph 6:1-2, Pro 3:16
2. Riches: Prov. 11: 4-5,3:16
3. Honour and high esteem: Prov. 22:29
4. Peace and security: Isaiah 33:22
5. Quality of life: Prov 3:17-18
6. Supernatural understanding: Prov 3:19. Impossibilities become possible. Things that are concealed become open and visible. Only a man of wisdom can do all things in Christ Jesus. Phil 4:13.
7. Safety and protection: Gal 5: 19-21
8. Soul winning: you depopulate hell and populate heaven. Prov 11:30
9. Fear of God and hatred of evil. Prov1:7
10. Investment of talent and not wasting it. Matt 25:14-30. Service to God joyfully and commitment to make heaven. Psm. 43:10
To crown it all, wisdom gives you direction and helps you to make best decisions, maritally, ministerially and in all circumstances. Prov. 4:11
O Lord, I eagerly and earnestly seek Your wisdom. Thank You for Your blessings. Help me to walk in Your ways. Give me a greater love and passion for Your word . Help me to search, seek, pursue and pray for wisdom until I receive it and surely it will make my life better, in the name of Jesus Christ.