C.A.C Bethel believes in supporting and Empowering seniors to get connected to friends and family through social media during covid -19, remain educated and up to date on current issues affecting Seniors including abuse and fraud. Providing information on how to stay healthy.
We have multiple opportunities for discipleship, volunteering and support, recreation, and social events with other active senior adults who like to spend time in fellowship and service
55+ VIRTUAL workshops
- Interactive online workshops
- Registration is free
- Courses will take place online Using a third -party video chatting solution called Zoom.
Become Part of an online community
Participants in our online programs will have the opportunity to meet and socialize with peers, build new friendships and connect online in a safe and structured environment.
our goal is to
- Engage seniors in the community through the mentoring of others
- Expand awareness of elder abuse, including financial abuse
- Support the social participation and inclusion of seniors
Upcoming events are focused on creating 4 elder abuse workshops to raise awareness of abuse among seniors. It is a series of workshops in collaboration with The New Horizons for Seniors Program sponsored by the Government of Canada. The program targets beneficiaries such as Senior’s their immediate family, friends and acquaintances, some of who perpetrate the abuse knowingly or unknowingly.
Plugged in & Aging and health
As part of the launch of the program, we are organizing a virtual event, the first of four workshops on Saturday June 12 2021 at 9.00am EST. The workshop will involve two sessions titled “Plugged In: Understanding Zoom and Selected Social Media” and “Aging and Health”.
Workshop outcomes include:
- Empowering seniors to get connected to friends and family through social media
- Combating Loneliness through social media interaction
- Understanding the importance of healthy aging and medication compliance
Health & Wellness
- Community Partnerships Initiative
- Employment and Social Services
- Transit Discount
- Food Access |Food delivery | Food Bank
- Enhance Covid 19 support for targeted Neighborhoods
- Speak to your health care provider before making any changes to your activity or exercise routines
- 6 minute exercise routine
- 7 Best Exercises for Seniors (and a Few to Avoid!)
SPIRITUAL & MENTAL HEALTH
Get the Bible App
Programs and services available vary by community, and can change from season to season. Call 211 to get up-to-date information 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
There are a variety of programs and services to help you ensure your later years are safe and secure.
Get information about tax credits, benefits and government pensions available for seniors in Ontario, including veterans.