“And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.”
Gen 9:11 We must establish some facts. God does not intend to destroy the nations and the world anymore. However, God does not want nations to be against him, nations make the world and the earth. If they do he will not hesitate to destroy them totally or punish them in one way or the other.When the first heathen world sin according to Gen 6-9 he destroyed them with the flood.When the people of Palestine sinned, he displaced them with the Jews.When the Jews sinned against God he sent them into exile in Babylon.So when God wants a nation to return to him what does he do?We have many examples of different models in the Bible.1. He will identify someone he can trust to raise that he can send there. (Sometimes he can ask advice from the people sometimes he just give them the assignment.)
- Examples are:
- 1. Noah for the entire world in his generation.
- 2. Abraham, for Sodom and Gomorrah
- 3. Cyrus, Zerubbabel, Ezra, Nehemiah for Israel.3. Jonah for Nineveh
- 4. Elijah for Israel
- 5. Jeremiah for Israel
- 6.Amos for many Nations Damascus, Gaza, Tyrus, Edom, Ammon, Moab, Judah, Israel
- 7. John the Baptist for the Jews8. Jesus for the entire world.