What the Holy Spirit Taught Me This Morning
By Pastor Amos Dada PhD;P.Eng
“Keep thy foot when thou goest to the house of God, and be more ready to hear, than to give the sacrifice of fools: for they consider not that they do evil.” God is greatly to be feared in the assembly of the saints, and to be had in reverence of all them that are about him. Eccl. 5:1.Psalm 89:1
The Lord has been dealing with me on the subject of the fear of the Lord. That we have a generation that does not fear him and their version of Christianity follows their own desired way not the biblical pattern. This is why there is stunted growth among church goers and lack of expansion of the kingdom among unbelievers .The Holy Spirit is warning me to warn His people to fear Him. To reverence Him, to stop making a mockery of the Church he built and bought with His own blood, to step aside from the burning bush, to stop making his house a place of merchandise. How do you distinguish genuine Christianity from a fake one?
If your Christianity does not
-Make you to fear God it is fake
-Make you to run away from sin it is fake
– Make you to remove your shoes and step aside from the burning bush it is fake .
– Make you to run from unholy behaviour, embezzlement, misappropriation of funds, corruption, wickedness to your fellow human being it is fake.
– Make you to love, care and be kind to people it is fake.
Paul puts it this way: “If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing” (fake)
If your Christianity 1 Cor 13:1-3
– Makes you to wander away from worshiping God in truth and in spirit it is fake
– Makes you to seek for God’s blessing without responsibility towards him it is fake.
– Makes you to see God only as an ATM it is fake
– Makes you not to desire God daily worshipping at his feet obeying His words it is fake.
– If all you do in church and outside of church does not come from your heart but from your head it is fake. Fake Christianity seeks for pleasure, sex, fame power, money and all to consume it upon himself and his or her lust.
– Fake Christianity is coming to church for years without visible change of lifestyle that glorifies God.
– Fake Christianity is what makes you to run from church to church in the face of little challenges in the name of searching for miracles, seeking for vision and prophecies, that makes you prey in the hands of charlatans and fake ministers.
– Fake Christianity is what makes you to be in church as a liability rather than an asset, you become a burden to your church, high maintenance low productivity.
– What is genuine Christianity? It is Psalm 4:4 “Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. “ Genuine Christianity that comes from the heart obeys God’s demands on five levels: 1. Instantly 2.when it does not make sense 3. when it hurts, inconvenient. 4. when you don’t see the benefits. 5. Completely.
When God said to Abraham go and kill the son you love, he arose in the morning, instantly, did not question God, though it hurts him he went ahead, he could not see the benefits but he was willing to obey God. At the point of obedience when he lifted his hand to kill his son, hear what heaven had to say – “And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me. And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son: That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.
Genuine Christianity makes you give your heart totally to Him “My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways” Prov. 23:26
– Genuine Christianity is how you spend your heart obeying him and doing his bidding in the market place, your work place, caring for people, preaching the gospel, teaching people the ways of God.
Conclusion. In any genuine corporate organization you work for, there is basic salary and allowances. When you genuinely serve this good God He pays you basic salary and allowances. “But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” Matt 6:33 Shalom