What The Holy Spirit Taught Me This Morning
Pastor Amos Dada PhD; P.Eng
The Lord observed the extent of human wickedness on the earth, and he saw that everything they thought or imagined was consistently and totally evil. 6 So the Lord was sorry he had ever made them and put them on the earth. It broke his heart. 7 And the Lord said, “I will wipe this human race I have created from the face of the earth. Yes, and I will destroy every living thing—all the people, the large animals, the small animals that scurry along the ground, and even the birds of the sky. I am sorry I ever made them.” 8 But Noah found favor with the Lord. Gen 6:5-8
“It is our job as ministers to bring the church back to the center of the human race. But can only bring the church back to the center of the human race when we bring Christ back to the center of the church” Martin Luther King Jnr
“A church is an incubator, a nursery, a grade School. You start where people are and move them to where they need to be.” Adrian Rogers.
“The book of Acts is the only book in the new Testament that has no proper conclusion, because it transitioned to church history ,because God is looking for a person or a group of people that he can work with to get his work done in that city at that time.”Robert Liardon
The Holy Spirit says God is searching for a new generation of Noah, a generation of change agents. God wants to move the world using the instrument of Christianity, the word and prayer to where they need to be. He needs change agents- Will you be willing? Why does God want a change agent, your guess is as good as mine; God is fed up with the world system, with the level of corruption , wickedness, the world exhibits today like the days of Noah despite the death and the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
What are the characteristics of change agents that God needs?
1. They are not the problem, they are not the corrupters, they are not the pollutants- Noah found grace- he was not part of the rot! In the words of today he was genuinely born again!
2. They have values they value.
3. Then make covenants with God- Job 31:1 “I have made a covenant with my eyes”
4. They don’t flip flop- They are consistently consistent.
5. They are people of faith, who are willing to suffer for their belief- Moses refused to be called pharaohs daughter, he chose to suffer with God’s people Heb 11:23-27
6. They are not after personal gains and goals.
7. They are concerned about the generality, Joseph said God sent me to preserve lives.
8. They fight for what they believe- Committed to their purpose, David fought Goliath.
9. They believe in their God and engage their God in their struggles.
10. They are ready to be rejected, betrayed, hated, imprisoned, suffer shipwreck like Paul
11. They are not given to fear in the present or in the future.
12. They have fire in their bones to advance the kingdom- Jeremiah 20:9
13. They are willing to spend and be spent, be it their money, talents, time, energy, treasure and resources. Barnabas. Acts 4:34-37.
14. They have a track record of standing with God and allowing God to fight the battles- David said “I tore a lion and bear with my hands”
15. They are industrious, committed, willing to die for their beliefs- The likes of Martin Luther King Jnr who was assassinated based on his pursuit of liberation of the black people from segregation and racism.
To help get Christ back to the church and become a change agent and get the people to know Christ, let us:
1. Start from the beginning. Make an extensive list of all problems of the nation in your area of expertise. Do further research to find the root cause of these problems and how best to solve them. Use seven Mountains of Influence as a guide. Religion, family, education, government, media, arts, & business. Be creative, Innovative and dominate. Start a company or run your company with the purpose of changing the world.
2. Be the regulator. Become a thermostat not a thermometer. We must be heat generating centers and not heat coolant. Don’t do business like unbelievers!
3. Become the town Crier- Become the boat/ark builder like Noah. Enforce God’s will. “Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven”. God wants the world to obey him as they do in heaven. God wants you to make it happen. “Repent of your sins and turn to God, for the Kingdom of Heaven is near. Matt 3:2; “From then on Jesus began to preach, “Repent of your sins and turn to God, for the Kingdom of Heaven is near.” Matt 4:1. Peter Cried, Paul Cried, Amos Dele Dada is crying. You can be a town crier in Canada, in America, in your country, for a people that have built a bridge for themselves that is leading them to nowhere- like Choluteca Bridge
4. War with Integrity. Fight for the cause of the Kingdom. We are to subdue, dominate, and restore God’s glory to humanity. We are to war against powers and principalities that want to steal, kill and destroy. They want to destroy our children, marriages, career, business, eco- system. We realize these demons have been defeated thousands of years ago, so we are fighting to bring the righteousness and rule of God’s kingdom into our sphere of influence. We live and teach integrity in the market place. It is a shame that Christians steal, engage in corrupt practices, those are the things you are to fight. We are to attack with godliness, righteousness and integrity. Attack darkness with light. Attack ignorance with knowledge. Attack hatred with love.
5. Teach transformation principles. We are to raise an eagle generation. “Train your children in the way he should go when he has grown, he will not depart from it” Prov 22:6. One of the churches we ministered in Spain during our International Gathering of Eagles conference (IGOE) have members who are confirmed prostitutes! In the church of today Some tithers are confirmed robbers! Some of the moneys brought to church are ritual funds! The pen robbers are comfortably bringing their money to church as philanthropists! Minister are to sit the congregants down and teach them transformation principles. Stop giving them positions and titles in the church when their lives are not in tandem with godly principles. We are to get them to a position when God can be proud of them in their offices from Monday to Friday. We are to train the people on our pews, the congregants to know Jesus to boldly stand for kingdom principles in the workplace. We are to give them integrity wings to fly with.
6. Catch them young. We are to produce courageous, reformers and revolutionary Christians. We must teach these young ones to hate evil. We must catch them young, We must teach them to say no to corruption and to the version of Christianity that condones evil, “anything goes”-I wrote a book titled: TO THE RESCUE (SAY NO TO CORRUPTION)- Please get this book of mine to universities, bible schools. Deut 6:6-7
7. Be mindful of our legacy. Be more than a church goer! What do you want to be remembered for? Just coming to church and singing, just to warn the pew, just to give offering and tithe, just to play guitar and piano, clean church, usher someone to a seat? That is what I call church chores. That is not a legacy. I want to be remembered as someone who stood against corruption. The word of God is to change you and make you have dominion. You are to be an anti- corruption crusader. You are to be a national repairer. Canada needs repairers. Drug addicts, brothels, the poor are outside waiting for you to bring the gospel of Jesus to them. That woman in your office dying of cancer should not go to hell on your watch! Let us get out of the four walls of the church and change our world one person at a time. The boy John Wesley was to die in an inferno, but a man standing on the shoulder of another pulled him out of the fire! That boy went to become a revolutionary preacher and founder of the Methodist Church. Alfred Nobel read his own obituary when a journalist bungled the story of the death of Alfred’s brother, it talked of the death of the man who invented dynamite that killed many children; Alfred made a historic change by creating The Noble Peace Prize that we know today. Find something to do in the kingdom. Engage yourself. Create a line, a ministry that God has given you and follow it. Prison ministry. Healing center for prostitutes. NGO for school dropouts. Find a place to make yourself useful for your society. You can even make it your source of living. Don’t just come to church, hear sermons and do nothing.
Conclusion. God is calling you to become a change agent -Noah of this generation will you obey. For everyone God calls he has a substitute in waiting, remember King Saul! God is calling you to be an influencer. God is calling you to become an agent of change. God is calling you to raise an eagle generation, a holy people, people of integrity, people of vision, and people of purpose! God is calling you to not be part of the problem but part of the solution. God is calling you to become a reformer not a deformer. God is calling you to use His word, prayer and wisdom, talent, grace, favour and the resources he has given you to dominate the world in a positive way for him. Martin Luther said I am God’s battle axe and changed the catholic doctrines after reading the bible, declaring the just shall live by faith. Can you become God’s battle axe to change the evil doctrines within the church of today and the society at large?
God has an assignment for you –WILL YOU OBEY HIM?